Today has been the beginning of a week sure to be filled with joyous gallivanting and cavorting, amongst other things.
This lovely Saturday:
1. Marissa's sweet mother was kind enough to take me to the airport at 8:30 A.M. (no small feat!).
2. I was witness to an aging metal/punk/mystery rock band at the MPLS/St. Paul airport. I couldn't tell if I was supposed to think they were famous or not... They looked to be well into their 40s, but were decked out in flashy leopard-print scarves, serious business leather boots, denim vests, and some ultra sexy tight pants. They also were sporting beautiful 80s mullets and bandannas. I couldn't stop swooning!
3. Seeing my family was (of course) wonderful. I have yet to see my mom (I will see her in the morning and we will dine at Lucille's-a fantastic n'awlins restaurant...endlessly delicious!).
4. Ruth + Anna + Braden + The Bean Cycle = Much Happy. (Ruth and I have already begun making a very large list of summer activites. I will scan this soon and post it for you all to decipher.)
5. Pad Thai!!! So good. I even got to de-poop a bunch of shrimp!
6. Pride & Prejudice with Anna. I cried at the end! I couldn't believe it! I never cry in romantic movies, and I've even seen this before. I must be sick. LOVE SICK. Oh, tee hee!
This is me in my room!
Reunited at last. I will never leave you again, sweet raccoon.
So, more to come. I miss all of you that I've left, and I can't wait to see those of you who are here.
Making shoes for my friend! These aren't done yet, I've just done the upper part. I still have to do the sides and heel. On the tongue is a painting of a unicorn that is pretty beautiful. Anyway, I'm at a stuck place with these, and I'm not sure if the colors are good, so if anyone has any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated!!!
Since I decided I should probably not write my second draft of my research paper (I mean, that's the logical thing to do, correct?), I felt the need to browse some websites in search of mildly interesting findings instead.
FIRST THINGS FIRST Today felt like these things should have happened:
Also, my favorite mug has a crack in it, and when I poured really hot water on one of my pom glasses, it broke! Who knew!?
Back to the results of my procrastination:
1. This one is for Karen: 2. This one is for Ruth: 3. This one is for Marissa: 4. This one is for Ethan: 5. This one is for Jamie: 6. This one is for Julson: 7. This one is for ZZZZZ!: 8. And this one is for me, because I like magic A LOT:
Okay well now it is a little bit late, and nothing too exciting has happened, so I figure I should probably go to sleep. Eventually.
Today I took Death & Glory out for a fast, furious, rather short-lived, but excellent bike ride! Hilary and I decided spontaneously to quickly pump up our sagging tires and go on a quick jaunt before it got dark! It was fantastic, though I quickly found out how wimpy my legs are. I'm going to have to do some serious training! So, like many plans I don't go through with (though I WILL with this one), I want to go bike riding at least once a week! If anyone is jivin' to that groove, let me know because I hope to see your bootie on a bike! (But not going faster than me.)
I saw a multitude of fine objects on our excursion and continuing into my evening, among them: 1. a very dapper black cat 2. a blanket of cigarette butts covering the concrete just outside my apartment building 3. 2 bearded bikers 4. old man running w/ wedgie 5. white stuffed animal on the bike path 6. a beautiful, but subtle sunset
Though I could write for a long time about how awesome my weekend was, how glorious the weather is, and how much I love my vest (among other things), I won't.
This is a call for adventure, so if any of you 9 blog followers wants to hang out with me and do something nice (even if it just means sitting at the picnic tables or getting ice cream [especially getting ice cream...oh my. I need to do this now...]) please drop me a line.
In other news, I am listening to Boston, and it is kickin'. Other listens this week were Creedence Clearwater Revival, America, Blitzen Trapper, Bon Iver, and Raffi.
I was browsing at the Electric Fetus yesterday when I was struck with the need to buy a henna kit, so yes, the time has indeed come for my body to be somewhat covered by brown gooey worm feces (well...that's what it looks like). Thanks to K, I now have a fantastic henna tattoo of some mystery herbs on my back, and I added a few sprigs of something to my left forearm. Though dead plants are hardly reminiscent or encouraging of this wonderful warm weather, I love them very much and as a result, they will live on my body for a few weeks.
[Please enjoy this high quality photo of my lovely arm and blanket]
Speaking of warm weather, these last two days have been the best days of the past few months (with a couple of exceptions). Yesterday was particularly wonderful, as it was chock full of sunshine, laser tag, friends, dancing, good tunes, and grins.
I do hope more dance parties are in the making, for movin' to the groovin' really satisfied my cabin fever...
So, thank you to all who have made my days a bit brighter.
P.S. If anybody wants a henna, let me know and I will happily oblige.
Hello, I am Sara. I've recently returned to my homeland of Colorado from a semester in England at the University of Brighton. This fall I will enter my final year as a graphic design student at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. I hope you enjoy my occasional words and drawings!